- Tightly embedded 2-dimensional polyhedral manifolds, Amer. J. Math., 87 (1965) 462-472. (abstract)
(AMS review #31#2729)
- Critical points and curvature for embedded polyhedra, J. Differential Geometry, 1 (1967) 257–268. (abstract)
(AMS review #85b:53061)
- Total central curvature of curves, Duke Math. J., 37 (1970) 281–289. (abstract)
(AMS review #41#4447)
- Periodic points of Anosov diffeomorphisms (with Michael I. Rosen), Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics, Global Analysis, Vol. XIV (1970) 17–21. (abstract)
(AMS review #43#2738)
- The spherical two piece property and tight surfaces in spheres, J. Differential Geometry, 4 (1970) 193–205. (abstract)
(AMS review #42#3720)
- Critical points and curvature for embedded polyhedral surfaces, Amer. Math. Monthly, 77 (1970) 475–485.
(AMS review #41#4444)
- Non-rigidity theorems for tight polyhedral tori, Archiv der Mathematik, 21 (1970) 416–423. (abstract)
(AMS review #42#8426)
- The two-piece property and tight n-manifolds-with-boundary in En, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 161 (1971) 259–267. (abstract)
(AMS review #44#4760)
- On a generalization of the isoperimetric inequality (with William Pohl), J. Differential Geometry, 6 (1971) 175–192.
(AMS review #46#4449)
- High codimensional 0-tight mappings on spheres, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 29 (1971) 133–137. (abstract)
(AMS review #43#5541)
- Polyhedral Catastrophe I: Maps of the Line to the Line, Dynamical Systems, Academic Press (1973) 7–22.
(AMS review #49#6268)
- Foliations of Knot Complements in the Bicylinder Boundary, Separata do Boletim da Sociedade Brasileira de Matematica Vol. 5, No. 1 (1974) 31–43. (abstract)
- Global Geometry of Polygons I: The Theorem of Fabricius-Bjerre, Proc. A.M.S. 45 (1974) 237–241. (abstract)
(AMS review #51#6826)
- Tight Polyhedral Klein Bottles, Projective Planes, and Mobius Bands, Math. Ann. 207 (1974) 233–243. (abstract)
- Triple Points and Surgery for Immersed Surfaces, Proc. A.M.S. 46 (1974) 407–413. (abstract)
- Triple Points and Singularities of Projections for Immersed Surfaces, Proc. A.M.S. 46 (1974) 402–407. (abstract)
- Stiefel-Whitney Homology Classes and Singularities of Projections for Polyhedral Manifolds, Amer. Math. Soc. Proc. Sympos. Pure Math., Vol. XXVII, Stanford University 1973, Part I (1975) 333–347. (abstract)
(AMS review #51#14090)
- The Behavior of the Total Twist and Self-Linking Number of a Closed Space Curve under Inversions (with James E. White), Mathematica Scandinavica 36 (1975) 254–262. (abstract)
(AMS review #52#4312)
- Height functions with three critical points (with Floris Takens), Illinois J. Mathematics, 76 (1975) 325–335. (abstract)
(AMS review #51#14079)
- Minimal submanifolds of the Bicylinder Boundary, Boletim da Sociedade Brasileira de Matematica, 7 (1976) 37–57.
(AMS review #58#12844)
- Self-Linking Numbers of Space Polygons, Indiana University Mathematics Journal 25 (1976) 1171–1188. (abstract)
(AMS review #55#4227)
- Immersions and Mod 2 Quadratic Forms (with Lou Kauffman), American Mathematical Monthly 84 (1977) 168–185. (Awarded Lester Ford Award for exposition, Summer 1978). (abstract)
(AMS review #55#4210)
- Whitney Duality and Singularities of Projections (with Clint McCrory), Proceedings of Escuela Latino-americana de Mathematica, Rio de Janeiro, Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Mathematics 5997 (1977) 68–81.
(AMS review #56#6678)
- Combinatorial Formula for Normal Stiefel-Whitney Classes (with Clint McCrory), Proceedings of the A.M.S. 76 (1979) 171–177. (abstract)
- Selected Papers in Geometry (Edited by Ann Stehney, Tilla Milnor, Joseph D'Atri and Thomas Banchoff), Mathematical Association of America (1979).
(AMS review #82c:01041)
- Sur les points paraboliques des surfaces: erratum et complements (with Rene Thom), C. R. Acad. Sc. Paris, 291 (27 Octobre 1980) 503–505.
- Every Sphere Eversion has a Quadruple Point (with Nelson Max), Am. J. Math., Supplementary Issue (1981) 191–209. (abstract)
(AMS review #83g:57020)
- Cusps of Gauss Mappings (with T. Gaffney and C. McCrory), Pitman Advanced Publishing Program, 55 (1982), London, 1–88. (abstract)
- Frenet Frames and Theorem of Jacobi and Milnor for Space Polygons, Jugoslavenska Akademija Znanosti I Umjetnosti, iz Rada 396 (1982) 101–108. (abstract)
- Double Tangency Theorems for Pairs of Submanifolds, Geometry Symposium Utrecht (1980), Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes 894, 26–48.
(AMS review #83h:53005)
- Geometrical Class and Degree for Surfaces in Three-Space (N. Kuiper), J. Diff. Geom. 16 (1981) 559–576. (abstract)
(AMS review #83j:53056)
- Circular and Countercircular Images of Plane Curves (with E. Beckenbach), General Inequalities 3 (1983), ISNM64, Birkhäuser-Verlag, 321–337. (abstract)
(AMS review #86h:53003)
- The Nine-Vertex Complex Projective Plane (with W. Kühnel), Mathematical Intelligencer 5 (1983) 11–22. (abstract)
(AMS review #85d:51016)
- Linear Algebra Through Geometry (with J. Wermer), Springer-Verlag (1983).
(AMS review #84f:15001)
- DIAL: A Diagrammatic Animation Language (with S. Feiner and D. Salesin), IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, 2, No. 7 (1982) 43–54.
- Critical points and curvature for embedded polyhedra II, Differential Geometry, Proc. Special Year, Maryland, Progress in Math 32, Birkhäuser (1983) 34–55. (abstract)
- La Quarta Dimensio i Salvador Dalí, Breu Viatge al mon de la Mathematica, 1 (1984) 19–24.
- Normal Curvatures and Euler Classes for Polyhedral Surfaces in 4-Space, Proc. A.M.S.,92 (1984) 593–596. (abstract)
(AMS review #86c:57019)
- Counting Tritangent Planes of Space Curves (with T. Gaffney and C. McCrory), Topology 34 (1985) 15–24. (abstract)
(AMS review #86m:58028a)
- Visualizing Two-Dimensional Phenomena in Four-Dimensional Space, Statistical Image Processing, Marcel Dekker (1986) 187–202. (abstract)
(AMS review #89a:58001)
- Topology and Mechanics with Computer Graphics: Linear Hamiltonian Systems in Four Dimensions (with H. Koçla;ak, F. Bisshopp and D. Laidlaw), Advances in Applied Mathematics (1986) 282–308. (abstract)
(AMS review #88a:58069)
- Global Theorems for Symmetry Sets of Smooth Curves and Polygons in the Plane (with Peter Giblin) Proc. Royal Soc. Edinburgh 106A (1987) 221–231.
(AMS review #88j:53003)
- Torus Decompositions of Regular Polytopes in 4-Space, Shaping Space (1988), Birkhäuser-Verlag, 221–230.
(AMS review #937 089)
- Geometry of the Hopf Mapping and Pinkall's Tori of Given Conformal Type, Computers in Geometry, Marcel Dekker, New York (1990) 57–62. (abstract)
(AMS review #90c:53035)
- Linear Algebra Through Geometry (with J. Wermer), revised and expanded second edition, Springer-Verlag (1991).
- Euler Numbers, Complex Points and Singularities of Projections for Oriented Surfaces in Four-Space (with F. Farris) Pacific Journal of Mathematics 161 no. 1 (1993) 1–24.
- Equilibrium Triangulations of the Complex Projective Plane (with Wolfgang Kühnel), Geometriae Dedicata. 44(1992) 313–333. (abstract)
(AMS review #94a:52035)
- Symmetry Sets of Piecewise Circular Curves (with Peter Giblin), Proc. Royal Soc. Edinburgh 123A (1993) 1–15. (abstract)
(AMS review #95a:58007)
- Tangential and Normal Euler Numbers, Complex Points, and Singularities of Projections for Oriented Surfaces in Four-Space (with Frank Farris), Pacific Journal of Mathematics Vol. 161 No. 1. (1993) 1–24. (abstract)
- On the Geometry of Piecewise Circular Curves (with Peter Giblin), American Mathematical Monthly 101 No. 5 (1994) 403–416. (abstract)
(AMS review #95k:51030a)
- Circumscribing Conics around Convex Quadrilaterals (with Philip J. Davis) (abstract)
- An interactive gallery on the internet: "Surfaces beyond the third dimension" (with Davide Cervone), International Journal of Shape Modeling 5 (1999) 7–22;
(see also the URL
- Osculating Tubes and Self-Linking Numbers of Curves on the Three-Sphere Proceedings of the Alfred Gray Memorial Conference, Bilbao, Spain 2000, Contemporary Math., Amer. Math .Soc., 288 (2001) 10–19.
- Midpoint Polygons Revisited on the Internet (with Stephen Canon, et. al.), accepted for publication in the NCTM electronic journal OnMath, under revision.