Response from Prof. B.

"Undoing" a transformation that is represented by a matrix mulitiplication is another linear transformation, so it too can be represented by multiplication by the appropriate matrix. This appropriate matrix is called the inverse of the original matrix. Is that an answer to the question, or am I missing something?