Upcoming travel and invited talks
2017-2018 academic year
- August 7-11, GEAR retreat at Stanford
- October 17, Brandeis topology seminar
- October 26-29, No Boundaries conference for Benson Farb at U. Chicago
- Nov. 9 and 10, Geometry seminar and Colloquium at IU Bloomington.
- Nov. 27, MIT algebraic topology seminar
- Jan. 22-24, New Methods for Zimmer's conjectures
workshop at IPAM
- Feb 20, Tufts Geometric group theory seminar
- March 14-16, First Canadian geometry and topolgoy seminar, Fields Institute
- March 19, University of Toronto geometry and topology seminar
- March 23, Harvard Open Neighborhood seminar
- April 14, Boston graduate topology seminar
- May 1-3, University of Virginia geometry seminar and colloquium
- May 21, U. Chicago dynamics seminar
- May 26-27, I'm co-organizing a Directed Reading Program conference at MIT
- June 2-3 Keynote speaker at graduate student conference in geometry, algebra and topology at Temple university
- June 4-8, Topology Students Workshop
- June 25-30 Visiting speaker at Mathcamp
- July 9-13, Minicourse at Young Topologists Meeting, Copenhagen
- July 16-20, Minicourse at Mathematical Summer in Paris
- July 23-27, Workshop on Groups, Geometry and Dynamics, Montevideo
2018-19 academic year
(for past schedule, see here )
Seminars and workshops
Of current interest:
Below are the webpages (including notes or readings) for some conferences reading groups, and the Grad Student Summer school that I organized in the past.
- I am involved in the DRP network, an NSF-funded project to support
undergraduate-graduate independent study/reading programs in mathematics.
I mentored students in the University of Chicago REU in 2009 and 2011. You can find information and student papers
- I was also involved for many years wtih the U Chicago Directed Reading Program.
- And you may have also seen me at Mathcamp!
- Here's an amazing website created by Sophia Ellia, it eventually inspired her undergraduate thesis that I supervised.