Upcoming travel and invited talks
2017-2018 academic year
(for past schedule, see here )
- August 7-11, GEAR retreat at Stanford
- October 17, Brandeis topology seminar
- October 26-29, No Boundaries conference for Benson Farb at U. Chicago
- Nov. 9 and 10, Geometry seminar and Colloquium at IU Bloomington.
- Nov. 27, MIT algebraic topology seminar
- Jan. 22-24, New Methods for Zimmer's conjectures
workshop at IPAM
- March 14-16, 1st annual Canadian geometry and topolgoy seminar, Fields Institute
- March 19, University of Toronto geometry and topology seminar
- May 26-27, Directed Reading Program conference, MIT
- June 4-8, Characters in low-dimensional topology. Conference in honor of Steve Boyer, at UQAM (Montreal)
- June 11-15, mentor at Young Topologists Workshop
- July 9-13, Minicourse at Young Topologists Meeting, Copenhagen
- July 16-20, Minicourse at Mathematical Summer in Paris
- July 23-27, Workshop on Groups, Geometry and Dynamics, Montevideo
Seminars and workshops
Of current interest:
Below are the webpages (including notes or readings) for some reading groups, and the Grad Student Summer school that I organized in the past.
I mentored students in the University of Chicago REU in 2009 and 2011. You can find information and student papers
- I was also involved for many years wtih the U Chicago Directed Reading Program.
- And you may have also seen me at Mathcamp!
- Here's an amazing website created by Sophia Ellia, it eventually inspired her undergraduate thesis that I supervised.