about meI'm a graduate student in the math department at Brown University. My advisor is Melody Chan. Before coming to Brown, I was an undergraduate at Pomona College, where my senior thesis work was advised by Dagan Karp. Here's an academic cv. Currently I'm one of the organizers for the Horizons seminar, and a member of the department's diversity and inclusion committee.
getting in touchI have email: siddarth_kannan [at] brown [dot] edu And an office: 020 Kassar House
Recently I've been interested in algebraic geometry, algebraic topology, combinatorics, and number theory. I'm on Google scholar.
papers4) Chow rings of heavy/light Hassett spaces via tropical geometry (with Dagan Karp and Shiyue Li). Preprint.
3) Frobenius distributions of elliptic curves in short intervals on average (with Anthony Agwu, Phillip Harris, Kevin James, and Huixi Li). Submitted.
2) Frobenius distributions in short intervals for CM elliptic curves (with Anthony Agwu, Phillip Harris, Kevin James, and Huixi Li). Appeared July 2018 in Journal of Number Theory.
1) On consecutive primitive nth roots of unity modulo q (with Thomas Brazelton, Joshua Harrington, and Matthew Litman). Appeared May 2017 in Journal of Number Theory.
0) Chow rings of heavy/light Hassett spaces via tropical geometry. Pomona College senior thesis, May 2018. The results of this thesis are contained in the above preprint of the same title.
expository writings2) An informal introduction to blow-ups.
1) A supercharacter theory for algebra groups.