Dan Katz's Pre-Mystery-Hunt Mini-Hunts
Every year since 2002, I have traditionally prepared for the MIT Mystery Hunt in one of two different ways: either by co-writing the Hunt itself, or by preparing a mini-hunt for practice. These mini-hunts are always restricted to whichever team I am hunting with until the Hunt is over, after which I release them to the public.
I apologize for any broken links or out of date e-mail addresses; the best way to reach me is by writing to spelvin-at-gmail-dot-com, and if you enjoyed these puzzles and would like to pay for them, the most recent minihunt should include an active tip jar.
Thanks, and enjoy!
- 2002 - [co-wrote the Hunt with Setec]
- 2003 - A Challenging Round Of Noodle-Yanking Mysteries (PDF), written for ACRONYM
- 2004 - Major Malfunction (PDF), written for Setec Astronomy
- 2005 - [co-wrote the Hunt with Setec]
- 2006 - Mostly Clueless (PDF, MP3s for Musicianship puzzle), written for The Evil Midnight Bombers What Bomb At Midnight
- 2007 - [co-wrote the Hunt with Evil Midnight]
- 2008 - The Wrath of Stopheles, written for The Evil Midnight Bombers What Bomb At Midnight
- 2009 - [co-wrote the Hunt with Evil Midnight]
- 2010 - SC Johnson, A Mysterious Shadow Corporation, written for The Internet
- 2011 - The Internet Strikes Back, written for The Team Your Team Could Smell Like
- 2012 - Odor Humanity!, written for Too Big To Fail
- 2013 - 2 Big 2 Fail 2 Furious, written for [the full text of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged]