time/place: Tu-Th 1:00-2:20
in Barus & Holley 158
instuctor: Prof. Rich Schwartz
my office hours: TBA
course description: This is an undergraduate course about
real analysis on manifolds. Topics:
Text: Mathematical Analysis by Andrew Browder,
- Theorems about differentiation - e.g. Inverse Function Theorem
- smooth manifolds, tangent spaces, vector fields
- exterior algebra and differential forms
- Stokes' theorem on manifolds
- perhaps a bit about de Rham cohomology
Sometimes I will supplement the text with my own notes.
Homework There will be weekly HW assignments,
each Tuesday and collected the following Tuesday.
Click here for the assignments.
HW: 35 %
Midterm: 25 %
Final: 40 %
Both exams will be take-home exams.