Final exam: Thurs Mar 10, 2-5, MacMillan 117
final exam solutions
Click here for the hw assignments.
Click here for the weekly syllabus.
for a TA section sign-up form.
Click here for tutoring info
Important Note: This class has 4 sections, but
this website only covers information relevent to the 3 of
the 4 sections. If you are taking Prof. Landman's course,
you should get your course information from him.
- Section 1: Quanhui Lin, MWF 1:00-1:50 B&H 159 (Office Hours: Th 3-5, SciLi 1021)
- Section 2: Oliver Cheng, MWF 12:00-12:50 B&H 159 (Office Hours: Wed 1-2, F 11-12, KH 17)
- Section 3: Alan Landman, Tu-Th 9:00-10:20 B&H 158
- Section 4: Rich Schwartz, TuTh 2:30-3:50 Wilson Hall 301 (Office Hours: Th 11-12 in Kassar 302)
- Th. 9:00-10:20 B&H 163 (Dale Winter, KH18)
- Th. 9:00-10:20 B&H 160 (Wade Hindes)
- Th. 4:00-5:20 B&H 163 (Wade Hindes)
- Th. 4:00-5:20 B&H 165 (Tom Belulovich|Office Hours: Wed 2-4, KH17)
- Th. 6:30-7:50 B&H 163 (Dale Winter)
- Th. 6:30-7:50 B&H 153 (Tom Belulovich)
- We. 4:00-5:20 B&H 165 (Dmitrios Moirogiannis)
- We. 6:30-7:50 B&H 163 (Dmitrios Moirogiannis)
- Rich Schwartz: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oliver Cheng: email@example.com
- Quanhui Lin: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wade Hindes: email@example.com
- Dale Winter: Dale_Winter@math.brown.edu
- Tom Belulovich: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom's TA webpage
This is a course on several areas of calculus.
The main topics
are techniques of integration, applications
of the integral, differential equations, and sequences/series.
text: Stewart, Single Variable Calculus , 7th edition
grading Your grade will be based on 5 components:
homework We will post the homework assignment
- weekly quizzes 5%
- weekly homework 25%
- midterm 1: 20% (This exam covers Ch. 5,6,7)
- midterm 2: 20% (This exam covers Ch. 9 and part of Ch. 11)
- final exam: 30% (This exam covers Ch. 5,6,7,9,10,11)
each week (here) by Monday morning.
We will not accept any late HW. If you have a legitimate
- If you are taking a MWF
class, the assignment is due on Monday, 7 days later.
- If you are
taking a TuTh section, the assignment is due on Tuesday, 8 days later.
excuse for missing an assignment, you will be given a "blank"
for the assignment, and this assignment will not count towards
your HW grade. In any event, you can drop your lowest HW score.
You are allowed to discuss HW problems with your classmates
but your write-up must be your own. You can't consult with
anything but your own notes when you write up your HW. A good
rule of thumb is that you should be prepared to fully explain any
written work you have turned in should one of us ask you.
quizzes The TAs will give weekly quizzes. In order to
encourage you to come talk to them, the TAs are adopting
The 70% rule : If you bomb a quiz, you can get up to half the
missed points back if you talk to the TA and demonstrate that
you know how to correctly do the problem. However, the highest
score you are allowed with this method is 70%.